June 08, 2016

Bananas



Hey.
I don't remember the context.

A couple months ago, I drew this BANANAS AF picture. I think the sole reason was to post it on my friend's [Facebook] wall. I printed two copies of it out on good cardstock and one of them keeps me company at work.

#

As a [very long] side note, I've been watching lots of (too much) television lately, like a healthy, non-sedentary human bean. Wynonna Earp and Supergirl have both received mixed reactions from critics...

... but, like, they're both extremely enjoyable? The first half of Supergirl, and I'm only a little over halfway through, was extremely engaging. I managed to finish Wynonna Earp in under a week. They feel like more modern versions of Xena and Buffy—female-led superhero shows with spotty acting, extreme cheesiness, etc. None of the dark and gritty nonsense some shows try to sell; just good, mostly clean fun.


This isn't to say, of course, that they don't discuss bigger issues. They have all the classic elements: family, morality, relationships... dead parents. The only difference is that the main characters don't get crapped on, no one is fridged, everyone is treated with some goddamn respect (I'm looking at you, The 100 and Supernatural).

Also, Calista Flockhart is in Supergirl and redeems herself from the disaster also known as Ally McBeal.

(To be quite honest, I actually enjoyed Ally McBeal for about a season. I didn't know any better at the time. I haven't kept up with Calista Flockhart, but I sincerely hope she's happy and healthy.)

Supergirl

Supergirl AND Melissa Benoist are cinnamon rolls, too good, too pure for this world.

Also also, at least one of the actors on Wynonna Earp is Canadian and a Jeen O'Brien song was played in one episode. Four for you Wynonna Earp; you go Wynonna Earp.

Wynonna Earp

There aren't any good cast photos? This is very confusing?

Of course, Supergirl was on the brink of being cancelled. Last I heard, it was moving to the CW, meaning that it will continue. Some fans already fear that the CW will corrupt the show's wholesome goodness, but I'll wait and see...

#

Back to the bananas. The other day, my friend reminded me that I had drawn BANANAS AF, so I made a little sequel:


#art

It became a bit meta.